Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Besties Shy and her pup...Faux Chalkboard style

Lot of things going on with this card.  My friend was struggling with a double side step card and she sent me the instructions and i gave it try and decided to use the card base for a challenge.  I have also sent her a sample of what i made in the mail.

At first i had made a dark navy card base thinking it was black..you know how that goes..well, in the light of day it was navy and it didn't work for a black and white challenge. :)  So i made another card base and this one IS black. :)

So the fancy fold card, is a double side step and from what i can tell so far, i've seen maybe two places w/instructions and one youtube video.   (Paper tutorial is here) (Youtube video with different dimensions is here)

Here is my card using the Double side step fancy fold instructions and the coolest new Sherri Baldy's digi called Shy and her pup found here:
Sherri Baldy will also be releasing some new dies..the flower in the background is one of the dies.

Side view to see the dimension:



Other dies used:
Memory Box- flourish border
Noor/Joy Crafts- butterflies
Memory box- Winter frames behind the image.

Banner is a Fiskars punch.

Copics used:
skin- E50, 51, 53, 02
hair/ black- C3, 5, 7
shading- W1, 3, 5


Challenges:
My Besties Brazil- Black and White
My Besties Germany- Anything Goes w/Besties and Birthday/Wedding/Celebration


8 comments:

  1. wow this is gorgeous Bonnie.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, so beautifullll..thanks for joining us at MBB,hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, thanks for playing with us on MBB!
    Xoxo,
    Suzana Loureiro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is quite incredible! Love the style of card and the b/w with the sweet red heart on her dress is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deine Karte ist ein Traum, einfach wunderschön, freut mich dass du bei My Bestie Challenge Deutschland mitmachst
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg , that is amazing I am excited such a And , breathtaking card, gorgeous colouring and wonderful details! Thank you so much for sharing this awsome card with us at My-Bestie Deutschland Design challenge, Iam so happy about,
    Hugs Gudrun DT Koordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waow, a very nice card... :)I love it :)
    Thank you for joining us at My Besties Deutschland.
    Hugs Geesje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo liebe Bonnie,

    eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet. So viele wunderschöne Details gibt es zu entdecken. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der My Besties Challenge Deutschland. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!