Friday, April 18, 2014

My Besties/ Making Faces going bold and beautiful!

I think this is a first for me..i wanted to make a pretty brown tone image for a long time, but wasn't sure i could give the color justice..i think i have this time?   I did a lot of research trying to find some Copic color combinations and alas...i didn't have one..i was missing the E13.  Wait until you see my combination below.  :)

I decided i also wanted to go bold with my card colors..and for me this is bold. 

Here is my card and using a new Sherri Baldy Making Faces image:
So i am also using a brand new die..the blue flowers are a border die from PoppyStamps called Mod Flower Power..cool isn't it?  Other dies are, my go to fern leaf from Joy Crafts, my leaf punch from Martha Stewart (I was too lazy to die cut more fern leaves) and then the frame is two dies put together from Lifestyle crafts..a square and the wavy type die.

Copics used:
skin-YR23, E19, 15, R22
hair- C5, 7, 100
bow- YG00, 01, 03
circles- colored w/glaze and Gelly roll pens topped with Stickles/diamond.

Challenges:
Outlawz- Wednesday sketch
Crafty Catz challenge- B is for Bold, Beautiful and Blue
Creative Corner Challenge- Create something w/the first letter of my first name.. B for Bonnie-  Blue
BMC Crafting Station- Die Cuts
Creative Colors- Color photo inspiration/fussy cutting


13 comments:

  1. Bonnie, you've just aced this one! I LOVE your colouring and the wonderful glow you've given her! Love the bold colour and the wonderful way that it just explodes with delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful Bonnie, great colouring of her skin.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of bright, pretty colours here, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Wauw, gorgeous card. I love the Bestie faces. I think I will try one myself LOL. The brown colors a just right.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Colors challenge and good luck.

    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I LOVE the layers and diecuts!!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!
    http://creativecornerchallenges.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is such a super pretty card with full of beautiful details. You have used our color palette really nicely. Thanks for joining us at CreativeColorsChallenge.
    Hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, really love this one! The bright colours are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what a stunning card! I absolutely love all of the different elements to it and your coloring......amazing! You really captured the colors for the Creative Colors Challenge perfectly! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your card is fab!! Great use of our color pallet! thanks for joining us this week at Creative Colors Challenge.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I love all the die cuts and embellies. Such layers and textures. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week and hope to see you again. Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card with lots of 'B's on it! I am so glad you liked our challenge at Crafty Catz and entered with your wonderful project. Thank you and please come back again tomorrow for a brand new theme.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love all the details added to it. Thanks for joining us at Creative Colors Challenge. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card and how you had her peeking out of the frame. Great die-cuts and use of color and your coloring is fabulous. "Congrats" on making Top-3!
    Thank you for joining us at Get Inky! Challenge.

    ~Beth – Get Inky! DT Coordinator
    Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!